How to Download and Install Android Oreo 8.0 ON Mi3 and Mi4.
Google has officially released the new Android Oreo 8.0. A lot of people are already looking up to the day their current Android device will get the new version’s update. But, till now, only Google Pixels and Nexus devices have received this update.
Recently, Google released Android 8’s source code to the public (AOSP) and developers have jumped on it to start producing their custom ROMS.
One of the good things that comes with Android and its open-source project is that these developers are bound to add their own functionality, remove some features and tweak the ROM to fit their user’s taste.
On this note, the first build of Android 8.0 Oreo is out for Xiaomi devices.
The Xaiomi devices in which this ROM supports is the Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4. The device users have received their latest ROM builds and are free to upgrade. But wait…
Note that this is the first build and some features may not work properly.
The most important features this ROM will improve on includes:
- Phone boots quickly
How To Download and Install The New Android Oreo 8.0 Update
- Download Android Oreo ROM for Mi3 and Mi4
- Download the latest TWRP for Mi3 and Mi4
- Download Gapps app for Android Oreo 8.0
- Download latest Magisk Manager.
Droidengage.com is not responsible for any damage happened to your device(s) while following this guide, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Install ROM on Xaiomi Mi3 and Mi4
- Unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi phone. Check here for guide
- Flash the latest TWRP build on your device. Check here for guide
- Download the ASOP ROM, Gapps, Magisk manager, from the above links
- Transfer these files to Xiaomi device’s storage
- Download the ASOP ROM, Gapps, Magisk, from above links.
- Transfer these files to Xiaomi device’s internal storage.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid backup.
- Wipe all the data and cache from recovery.
- Reboot into recovery, once the data has been wiped.
- After reboot, flash the ASOP ROM zip file.
- Flash Magisk zip file.
- Flash Gapps zip file.
- Then simply reboot the system.