Last year, Ulefone released Ulefone Power 3 that its battery was a beast. When I mean a beast I am referring to the battery that can keep your smartphone going for a very long time without you thinking of where you left your charger.
The Ulefone Power 3S is the follow up to that battery juggernaut last year and it comes with even more power.
However, on the downside, you shouldn’t expect to see an all-around upgrade from the new Ulefone Power 3S because some of the features in the Ulefone Power 3 had been downgraded except battery capacity which instead received a slight bump. The Ulefone Power 3S has some pretty interesting features though and it comes with a more trending look.
Design and Display
Somehow, both the Ulefone Power 3S and it’s predecessor share similar design patterns. As a result of its large battery size, the smartphone is equivalently thick up to 9.8mm thick.
As I mentioned earlier, the Ulefone Power 3S is quite stylish, with a nice 18:9 aspect ratio and slim chassis. It also has an aluminum frame, a glass front, and a plastic back all looking quite sturdy in appearance.
Moving on to the viewing screen, there’s is nothing short of good which entails a large screen, decent resolution, in vogue aspect ratio and nicely trimmed down bezels. Towering up to 6.0-inch in length diagonally, the smartphone boasts of a 2160 X 1080 pixels and a pixel density of 401 PPI.
Battery and Camera
The Ulefone Power 3S is one of those smartphones that can last for 2 days conveniently on a full charge and even up to 3 days if usage is kept minimal. This is made possible because of the giant 6, 350mAh battery capacity which also supports quick charge through its USB Type-C port.
Camerawise, being one of the noticeable changes between the 3S and its predecessor. The bump in power is the cut down on the camera. The smartphone has four cameras, two selfie camera lenses and two behind. The front camera is pretty much the same dual 13MP + 5MP camera from last years version while the rear camera has a lesser 16MP + 5MP dual camera combination. Although, you still have an interesting quad camera in place for taking pictures.
Although there are so many variables to consider while determining how good a smartphone’s camera can be able to take quality photos and the number of camera combinations is just a tip of the iceberg.
Hardware and Software
A few changes have been made here and there but there is basically the same chipset on both the Ulefone Power 3S and the former Power 3. You still have a MediaTek Mt6763 processor clocking at 2.0GHz and an ARM Mali-G71 MP2 GPU in charge of sorting out graphics.
Also, the smartphone has 4GB RAM and a 64GB built-in storage space with MicroSD support up to 256GB. This is quite a decent arrangement and is enough to guarantee smooth performance although not a top speed one like premium smartphones. The Ulefone Power 3S runs on Android 7.1 Nougat with Android Oreo upgrade available.
Pricing and Availability
This smartphone is available for purchase on various online stores and the price goes for a Dollar to Naira equivalent of about 72, 000 naira depending on your location and the deal.
Ulefone Power 3S Specs
Here are a few specs of the Ulefone Power 3S:
- Platform: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6763
- GPU: ARM Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 4GB
- Colors: Black, Rose Gold
- Dimension: 159.0 cm x 75.9 cm x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 210g
- SIM Type: Nano sim
- SIM Count: Dual sim
- Display: 6.0-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 2160 X 1080 pixels (402 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: Dual 16MP + 5MP camera, 1080p
- Rear Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: Dual 13MP + 5MP camera, 720p
- Built-in Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE : 800 / 850 / 900 / 1800 / 2100 / 2600 MHz, LTE-TDD : 1900 MHz (Band 39), 2300 MHz (Band 40), 2500 MHz (Band 41), 2600 MHz (Band 38)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, 5.76/42.7Mbpa
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE CAT 6 300/100Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11 n 5GHz, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Dual Band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 4.1 + HS with A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yea, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 6, 350mAh non removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes